Aeronautical Information Publication
Standard Operating Procedures:
- SAV standard is kg for Payload.
- ALL times are in ZULU time.
- Pilots are required to fly at least 1 flight in 60 days
- Dispatched flight are to be flow first, before regular services can be continued
- Dispatched flights are generated by the SAV Dispatcher and is required if low pax and cargo limits are reached at less traveled airports
- Load required fuel BEFORE tracking is started.
- Start ACARS tracking at least 10 mins before departure, as per your booked time, to avoid flight being canceled.
- ACARS generates random passenger load-out depending on Airport stats. Use ACARS load-out to generate passenger loads in default load-out, simbrief etc.
- Penalties will imposed on continuous hard landings, over banking, over stressing equipment, flying through adverse weather etc.
- When flying long hauls or regional flights (Outside of South Africa) you need to bring the equipment back to South Africa. If you leave the equipment stranded at the away airport, you will be deducted the jump charge to get other pilot to fetch it, plus 30% handling fee.
- Flights bookings are only valid for 2 Days ahead of flight. You can only fly with whatever equipment is available at the departure airport.
- Flights are only available according to schedule. (You cannot fly a Monday flight which is scheduled for a Wednesday).
- Please add the following : RMK/SOUTH AFRICA VIRTUAL to your flight plan to be able to comply to our VATSIM Partnership Agreement
Jump Seats between local airports are for free.
However if you jump to airports not in the standard routes, for instance you want to do a charter flight from Messina, it will cost you to jump there. This cost is for your own pocket. To keep costs down, try to do a schedule flight close to the charter airport.
Jumps by the SAV Dispatcher (Sponsored Jumps) will only done with specific events or special occasions, and only by approval of the SAV Flight Director.
Sponsored jumps need to be filed with the Flight Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
How Flight Numbers work.
Flight numbers do not necessarily depict call signs as airlines have agreements with other airlines.
Please find relation between Flight Number vs. Call sign below:
- SA – Springbok, Link, Expressways – [SAAXXX]
- BA – Comair (British Airways) – [CAWXXX]
- FA – Safair (Flysafair) – [SFRXXX]
- JE – Tulca (Mango) – [MNOXXX]
- MN – Comair (Kulula) – [CAWXXX]
The following can be used to easy identify flights for a specific airline:
- Flight number starting with SAV1 – Springbok
- Flight number starting with SAV2 – Mango
- Flight number starting with SAV3 – Comair (BA Comair and Kulula)
- Flight number starting with SAV4 – Fly Safair
- Flight number starting with SAV5- SA Express
- Flight number starting with SAV8- SA Airlink